Ever have one of those days that you just wish you could have skipped altogether? That was my day today. Where to start?
I get to work and there's a kid that needs to start taking medication every day at lunch. Not a huge deal, mostly just paperwork. Then there's a kid that was just diagnosed with diabetes over Christmas break. More paperwork, blood testing on a daily basis, checking carb counts, watching the student draw up and give insulin, making sure there's juice or candy available, etc, etc, etc. A much bigger deal. At 8:30 am the PE aid brings me a kindergartner that just puked on the gym floor. I call mom to come get him. AT 11:30 AM! By then he had gone back to class, eaten lunch, and was fine. I sent her home without the kid! 11:30 am an older kid comes in with a headache. First thing I always do, take a temp. 102.2! Call mom. She doesn't have a car. Asks ME to call dad. I call him, it goes straight to voice mail. I call mom back. She says he's the only person she can call for a ride. Call mom and dad several more times. Dad never answers. Mom still doesn't have a car or a ride. This poor child sleeps in my clinic ALL DAY. I finally send her home on the bus.
On to my own child, the oldest. She's been coughing for over a week, and not getting any better. So I get her an appointment at 9 am. The doctor doesn't even walk into the room until at least 9:40. How do you get that far behind that early in the morning??? In the meantime, Caitlin has dropped her BORROWED phone on the floor. She knew the power button wasn't working already, so the back pops off, and the battery pops out. No power. No way to turn it back on. So we have to run to the AT & T store for a Go Phone. I'm out $50.
I take the prescriptions to the pharmacy. They're BUSY! I shop. I go to pick up the meds. Not ready. Run more errands. Go to the library.
I go to the library to pick up the book I requested. They can't find it! Not on the hold shelf, not on the usual shelf, no where! Luckily, I have one more book from the library at home to read, and a stack that the Gerbers loaned me.
One thing went well today! I put a roast in the oven on time bake before I went to work. The house smelled AMAZING when I finally got home. And I had next to no prep work for dinner. :)
Third cold beverage, and I feel better! The blog looks better, too. Been playing around with stuff. Check out the link on the upper left - the cutest blog on the block.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment