Matt's flight got canceled, so he flew up the 31st. Caitlin had plans with a friend for New Year's Eve, so her friend Katie flew up, too. We celebrated at the lakehouse in Arkansas with Steve, Judy, Matt, the girls (all 3) and I.I love the city of Eureka Springs! Judy took us into town Wednesday, and we all bought something. It was chilly outside, and started to mist. I forgot what it's like to see people walking around in fur coats! That's Judy, and the girls running in the background.
This is a common site in the area. The rain and snow run off freezes again and creates amazing icicles! When I left this morning, it was 13 degrees. Thank goodness we don't see that temperature very often around here!
This is a few of the up to 11 deer that visit Steve and Judy on a daily basis. This is looking out the front of their house. The area also has some of the smallest squirrels I've ever seen. And no, they weren't babies! The girls let off some poppers right in this area, and before they cleaned up one of the deer decided the long skinny pieces of paper looked like food. I didn't get a picture, but it was hilarious to watch this deer walk around with a 5 foot string of paper hanging out of his mouth!
It's about a 7 hour drive home from the lakehouse, but I made it in about 6 1/2 today. The girls slept a lot of way, so I drove the whole time, even thought two of them could have driven! I'll be glad to sleep in my own bed tonight, but we had such a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment