Our next door neighbor, Delanie, got us interested in geocaching. Having a GPS that will give you exact coordinates is a must. Check out the website http://www.geocaching.com/ if you're interested. You can look up local geocaches, and go find them. They range in size from a small pill bottle to an ammo can. Some contain little trinkets you can exchange, and all contain a log you sign with your ID (once you've registered for free) and date. Then you go home and log your finds (or DNF - did not find!) on the computer. I think we have 18 finds logged. Ashtyn signed us up, so the ID is Ashtyn1216. Most of what we've found is in Bedford. You would be surprised at how many there are, and WHERE they are. The only cost is gas for your vehicle.
Ashtyn and I spent almost two hours finding six this morning, and not finding one! Matt is at work and had already found three on his route. We had the coordinates, so Ashtyn went to find them again. We started leaving red marbles, and Ashtyn picked up two small plastic lizards and a shoe charm.
Caitlin is at Dallas Gun Club working to earn money for her account at church. The money will go to pay for the National Youth Gathering she will get to attend. I think it will be in New Orleans.
For those of you that are bored with the usual websites you visit, try these on for size!
http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=1
There are several sites that link from here. They're all for a good cause. Visit daily!
This site has photos from around the world that are updated every Friday
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3842331/
This is a photo sharing site that I love to check out
www.flickr.com
I haven't been reading much lately, but I love to read! I've read all the books by Patricia Cornwell, Jonathan Kellerman, Faye Kellerman, David Baldacci, Vince Flynn, and Stuart Woods. I've also read The Shack, The Same Kind of Different as Me in the last couple months. Those are both a "must read"! I've also read The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. You may have seen him on national TV several months ago. Those three books will really make you think about how you're living your life!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment